Database EngineerHyderabad, India Technology Job ID IND_004
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual Romania, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Senior Database Engineer to join our team.
▪ Create and maintain complex SQL scripts, SPs and UDFs.
▪ In-depth knowledge of referential integrity constraints and indexing
▪ Ability to understand and enhance complex database models
▪ Model / Design new database solutions to new problems including: application support, scalability, redundancy and replicability
▪ Follow (and, if necessary, refine) in-house coding standards
▪ Troubleshoot/bug-fix SQL
▪ Performance optimization of SQL
▪ Database administration
▪ Applications Support
▪ Maintaining bespoke applications / data warehouse
▪ Analyzing different user requirements and coming up with specifications for the various database applications
▪ Support application development with database design and implementation
▪ Able to manage all the stages of software development
▪ Use database code repositories for change management
▪ Profile server resource usage and optimize as necessary
▪ Assist in Compliance efforts to include, reporting, auditing and implementation.
▪ 6+ years in SQL Server based application development
▪ Database table design
▪ Understand and build constraints, indexes
▪ Strong skills to write views, stored procedures, triggers and functions
▪ Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities
▪ Ability to build strong working relationships across the organization
▪ Eager to learn and apply knowledge
▪ Strong communications, both written and verbal, in leading teams and coordinating with peers and other disciplines on driving projects/issues to closure.
▪ Commitment to organizational excellence and constant awareness to seek opportunities to improve processes/quality of deliverables.
▪ Strong and effective team player in working with various disciplines and peer groups
▪ Minimum of 6 years of solid relational database experience
▪ Minimum of 3 years working with MS SQL Server
▪ Primary database: MS SQL Server, work with Oracle Database a plus
The following are not required but would be valuable:
▪ Application coding experience, is a plus
▪ Familiarity with networks and their impact on database architectures
▪ Familiarity with change management
▪ Well versed in a broad range of Information Technology initiatives and projects
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.