Software EngineerHyderabad, India Technology Job ID JOB_REQUISITION_132
Who We Are – MassMutual India
Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. Therefore, we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We at MassMutual value diversity and inclusion. We’re people helping people
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable, and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.Software Engineer Team Lead
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions, and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help people secure financial future and protect the ones they love. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs. We Live Mutual.
At MassMutual, we’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing highly interactive digital experiences for our internal and external customers. The Finance & Investment Management Technology team, part of MassMutual’s Corporate Technology, comprises of collaborative, cross-functional experts and engineers who like to have fun, challenge each other, and are energized to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers.
To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring a Software Engineer to join our team to construct systems, pipelines, front-end and back-end applications to support analytic efforts and reveal insights. This person will have the opportunity to join a talented team of individuals and work on high profile systems that will have an impact on how MassMutual processes, consumes, interprets, presents, and acts on information. They will play an integral role on a team responsible for the development, testing, and delivery of high security, high quality products.
• Collaborate with Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Product and Project Managers, and enterprise stakeholders to deliver innovative, data-driven systems aimed at transforming the insurance industry
• May be responsible for any of the following: design, develop, implement, test, document, and operate systems and/or web applications
• Mentor and peer review the work of more junior software engineers
• Collaborate with internal business partners and the team to analyze and decompose complex application features into simpler stories for planning and execution
• Provide technical leadership on medium and large projects
• Build complex systems integrating appropriate technologies as needed, including the extract, transform, load and processing of data as well as creation, processing, and consumption of RESTful API endpoints
• Act as technical SMEs in multiple areas/technologies across the organization
• Define realistic timeframes to assigned tasks and provides estimation guidelines across teams
• Drive value and build to continuously improve the quality of deliverables
• Contribute to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, maintainability and culture
• Conduct regular 1-1s with other software engineers
• Lead problem solving with employees to come up with solutions that follow best practices and align with Software Engineering guidelines and strategies
• Act as first point of contact for Software Engineers regarding solutions for work products
• Identify performance/development strengths and opportunities for more junior Software Engineers
• Collaborate with Product Management to ensure work is prioritized, organized and facilitated
• Exceptional problem-solving skills and willingness to learn new concepts, methods, and technologies
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
• 7+ years of building complex software systems (Data pipelines, services, backends, frontends)
• 5+ years working with data and relevant computation frameworks and system
• 5+ years using Python programming language
• 3+ years using Python Django
• 3+ years using React/Redux
• Experience with SASS, TypeScript and Webpack is a plus
• Experience with Numpy/Pandas is a plus
• Experience writing complex SQL queries for a RDBMS
• Experience in data modeling and database design
• Experience with building a Jenkins pipeline
• Experience with Docker
• Experience with Redis
• Experience with AWS Stack (S3, EC2, Kubernetes, Terraform, etc)
• Knowledge of software design patterns
• Experience collaborating with a team of engineers with varying skillsets
• Experience with Agile software engineering principles and methodologies
• Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
Why Join Us?
We’ve been around since 1851. During our history, we’ve learned a few things about making sure our customers our top priority. In order to meet and exceed their expectations, we must have the best people providing the best thinking, products, and services. To accomplish this, we celebrate an inclusive, vibrant, and diverse culture that encourages growth, openness, and opportunities for everyone. A career with MassMutual, Great Place to Work® certified and India’s Best Workplaces in BFSI 2023 - Top 50 organization means you will be part of a strong, stable, and ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits. And your voice will always be heard.
Does this sound like a great fit? Apply today!